Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (10)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi at The Story Siren that gives readers the chance to share the books they bought/received/swapped/rented over the past week.



Oh, what did I get this week? Well, nothing much, just
A NookColor!!!

Whoo!! I am so stoked about this purchase! I have been reading digital review books for a few weeks on my laptop. Now, I love my laptop, but I am so happy that I don't have to lug it around with me everywhere! I can just take the Nook out of my purse, read for a while, and put it right back in if I'm at work or running around. Can I do that with a laptop? Definitely not as easily.
So, hello future, and watch out! Sonny has a Nook and I know how to use it!


From NetGalley:

Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan
Publication Date: November 14, 2011                           
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Pages: 304








Trix can deal with being an orphan charity case at a snotty boarding school. She can hold her own when everyone else tells her not to dream big dreams. She can even fight back against the mysterious stranger in a silver mask who tries to steal the meteorite her parents trusted her to protect.
    But her life is about to change forever. The Circus Galacticus has come to town, bringing acts to amaze, delight, and terrify. And now the dazzling but enigmatic young Ringmaster has offered Trix the chance to be a part of it.
    Soon Trix discovers an entire universe full of deadly enemies and potential friends, not to mention space leeches, ancient alien artifacts, and exploding chocolate desserts. And she just might unravel the secrets of her own past—if she can survive long enough.


This book sounds so adventurous that it caught my attention immediately! It seems to me that circus books are beginning to pop up out of nowhere lately, and I think that I just might have to jump on the wagon!
Plus, "the dazzling but enigmatic young Ringmaster" sounds like a whisper of a romance to me. Side show acts and romance, yes please!


For Nook:

Reckless by Cornella Funke
Publisher: Little Brown Books
Publication Date: September 14, 2010
Pages: 391
  






Beyond the mirror, the darkest fairy tales come alive. . . .
For years, Jacob Reckless has enjoyed the Mirrorworld’s secrets and treasures.
Not anymore.
His younger brother has followed him.
Now dark magic will turn the boy to beast, break the heart of the girl he loves, and destroy everything Jacob holds most dear. . . .
Unless he can find a way to stop it.


Reckless is not a typical read for me, but it sounds interesting, so I thought I would give it a try.


Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver
Publisher: St.Martin's Press
Publication Date: December 17, 2010




A Demon Trapper’s bonus story.
Before Riley Blackthorne can take on Grade Five demons, she has to trap her very first. Her debut solo trapping experience should be a breeze, just a harmless Grade One after all. But throw in some dippy hippies (whose peace signs and Patchouli really aren’t driving any demons away), one mischievous demon, and a run-in with the police, and Riley might not be able to pull it off...

I have my eye keenly trained onto A Demon Trapper's Daughter. I am hoping to buy it this next week. I want to read Retro Demon because, well, it sounds so cool. Simple as that!


 
Camille by Tess Oliver
Publisher: Tess Oliver
Publication Date: October 24, 2010



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At a time when society conforms to the strictest rules and most proper etiquette, sixteen-year-old Camille Kennecott and her guardian, Dr. Bennett, live a most unconventional life. They hunt werewolves.When unwitting victim, Nathaniel Strider, wanders into one of their full moon pursuits, Camille and Dr. Bennett believe they have found a specimen for their study. Finding a scientific key to unlocking the mystery of lycanthropy would end their late night excursions. Yet beneath the irresistible exterior, Nathaniel is transforming into a flesh-tearing monster, and as each experiment fails, Camille’s loses another inch of her soul to him. She knows that in a month’s time she must face the prospect of destroying the boy who has stolen her heart. Camille is a young adult, paranormal romance set in Victorian England.


Honestly, I don't read that many werewolf books, but I am hoping to get into them a lot more. There seems to be some great ones out there.
Camille had received rave reviews, so I am hoping one of those fab reviews will be one of mine in the future.
Also, the" paranormal romance" makes me drool over it even more :}
 
What reads are you drooling over this week??

14 comments:

Jules said...

That's a great IMM!!!

I like my e-reader more than I thought I would but it still can't beat a physical book :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely agree with you about real books. I love the smell of a good book ;) Thanks for the visit!

SimplyMe said...

Awesome! I love e-readers! Great books this week, happy reading :)

Book Addict

Unknown said...

Thanks for the visit fellow addict!

kaye (paper reader) said...

Congrats on your Nook! I much prefer real books, but there are times when I'm on the subway and having my phone or Kindle is easier. I really want to read The Demon Trapper's Daughter and I keep forgetting there's a free e-novel companion!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Yup, I really want it too!

Anonymous said...

yey on the Nook! love my Kindle :) happy e-reading!

my IMM:
http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/in-my-mailbox-7/

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Congrats on getting the Nook color! I got mine about a month ago and I love it soo much! All of those books you got sound awesome too and I hope you enjoy them! Here's My IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

Alison Can Read said...

Congrats on the Nook! I want one. I also want to read the Jana Oliver books.
My IMM

Karen L. said...

Your Nook looks so pretty! And I love the covers for Circus and Camille. You got some great books this week! Thanks for stopping by my post!

Valia Lind said...

Great IMM!!!! Hope you enjoy your Nook!!! It looks great! I have the older version, Literati, and I love it! :)

My IMM:
http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-9.html

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

Nice mailbox this week. Reckless looks like a great book, I will have to add it to my list.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Sarah said...

Oohh lucky girl!! I hope you enjoy your new nook. :)

Thanks for stopping by my IMM as well!

♥ Sarah

Lilie said...

Wow :D A Nook! :D I hope you enjoy it :D and I also hope you enjoy all your books :D That's a great week for you! :)

Happy reading!

Thank you for stopping by my blog :D