Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (32) The Unquiet


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine.



The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee
Publication Date: July 17, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury

Find on:




Goodreads Synopsis

Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother. 

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications (again!) and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home and school. She refuses to be daunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom, or that her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists. 

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of? 

Annaliese? Or herself?

Why, yes. This is a paranormal read!
This does not happen often for me. I generally do not like getting creeped out, nor do I like the icky tingle on the back of my neck in the dark. 
BUT!
The Unquiet sounds AMAZING! Rinn sounds incredibly interesting, and I definitely like to say "Hellloooo" to this hunky farmer boy Nate. What can I say? I am from Wisconsin and like the farmer boy type. 
And just boys in books in general. 
Mmmmm.
Boys....

Anywho!
The Unquiet really intriged me and I want it.
Like.
Now.

BTW: Fabulous cover!

What are you waiting for?? Give me some good recommendations!!

4 comments:

Majanka said...

This book is new to me, but the cover is simply amazing. I thought the synopsis was very intriguing as well.

I'm a new follower btw!


My WoW.

Amber Elise said...

Oh wow, her life sounds crazy! It sounds like it would be a good and creepy read though, great pick!


WOW @ Du Livre

Adriana C said...

The Unquiet sounds really good and creepy.Is the first time that I heard of it.
heck My WOW

Marathon said...

Ugh, poor Rinn. This is probably going to make me cry. Plus, I love underwater covers.

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)