Sunday, June 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (7)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme created by Kristi at The Story Siren that gives readers the chance to share the books they bought/received/swapped/rented over the past week.
I found this place called NetGalley. I found that it is pretty popular in the blogging world. Duh! I don't have a Nook (yet!), but I have downloaded some books for review. Yay! So excited!
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Publication Date: October 11, 2011
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Received by: NetGalley

(From NetGalley)
Many visitors to Yellowstone National Park don't realizethat the boiling hot springs and spraying geysers are caused by an underlyingsupervolcano, so large that the caldera can only be seen by plane or satellite.And by some scientific measurements, it could be overdue for an eruption.
For Alex, being alone for the weekend meansfreedom from his parents and the chance to play computer games and hang outwith his friends without hassle from his mother. Then Yellowstone erupts,plunging his hometown into a nightmare of darkness, ash, and violence. Alexbegins a harrowing trek, searching for his family and finding help in Darla,his travel partner. Together they must find the strength and skills to surviveand outlast an epic disaster.


I am one of those girls that every time a preview for a disater movie come onto the tv, I stop everything I am doing to watch it. Mouth open, wide-eyed, drool worthy watching! I am fascinated with future disasters. Not exactly sure why. So, it is only fitting that I would be totally intrigued by a book with a natural disaster. Also one that sounds like would have a romance brewing.    

 
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Publisher: HarlequinTeeny
Received by: NetGalley

(From Goodreads)
The first boy disappeared on the day of his birth, on a night when the pale yellow moon of the nighttime sky turned red and bathed the heavens in the ghastly color of blood, on the same night the Kingdom of Cokyri abruptly ceased its merciless attack.
Across the land of Hytanica, under the shadow of the crimson moon, infant boys continued to vanish. Not until the blood had faded from the sky did the disappearances stop and the bodies of the murdered infants were found outside the gates of the city, a final word from the greatest enemy Hytanica had ever known. For the next sixteen years, peace reigned, but one mystery remained unsolved. The Cokyrians had abducted forty-nine newborns, but returned only forty-eight bodies.
Now, as seventeen-year-old Princess Alera of Hytanica is besieged from all sides by suitors vying for the Throne, a teenage Cokyrian boy, Narian, is encountered within the walls of her Kingdom, a boy who will show Alera a world where women serve a purpose and not just a husband. As Narian helps Alera find her voice, she struggles against an arranged marriage that will shatter the life she has scarcely begun to live. And when Narian's shocking past is uncovered, and war with Cokyri looms once more, he must fight to defy a fate ordained at his birth. 

Soo. Excited. For Legacy! I don't often read period book. I get too distracted easily from them. But Legacy sounds amazing.



Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Received by: NetGalley

(From Goodreads)

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.
But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

I am going to be reading and reviewing this one in two/three weeks. I have to say, I am so flippin' happy about this one! When I received it, I am pretty sure I squeeedddd! The hubs was not excited about the squee, but almost as excited that I was happy. It might be a little fishy that he lets me read as much as I do. He doesn't have to pretend to listen to me then :P Bahaha.



What amazing, fantastical books did you receive this week??



4 comments:

Lisa said...

oh yess!! don't we just love netgalley hehe

P/s I'm a new follower

kaye (paper reader) said...

I am still waiting to read Legacy, but I've been hearing really positive things about it. I'm hoping that cover will change before it gets published, but maybe as I read it will make sense.

Spellbound was lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow, Lisa! I feel so behind with just finding the NetGalley, but, it's okay.

I have just been waiting for Spellbound, so I do hope it is amazing! Thanks for the visit :)

AllMyHugsAndKisses said...

I am very excited about "Spellbound" I hope you enjoy all of your reading this week,
New Follower,
I have a YA blog which i would love for you to check out when you have a moment
http://sunniesarecool-reviewsbooks.blogspot.com/