Saturday, July 23, 2011

Author Interview- Perry from Hexult

Here at Literary Junkie, I have been up to a little mischief!
Okay, well not so much.
But, I am proud to say that I have done my first author interview and would love to share it with all of you!
Yay!

I have been keeping in contact with Perry Aylen, author of Hexult. 
You can find my review Here.
I do hope that you enjoy learning a little about Hexult and Perry. Enjoy!



Tell me about yourself 
Well, first off, I must come clean and tell you that ‘Perry Aylen’ is a pen-name.  Perry Aylen is in fact, two people. We wrote Hexult together, but unlike most teams who share the load and work together,
we work more like opposing teams, fighting each other, pushing to sway the story to fit our own ideals.

What was your inspiration for the world of Hexult?
This is a very tricky question, I think back and back, but it seems as if the frozen lands of Hexult have always been a stage in my mind, just waiting for a story  to be cast upon it.

What was your favorite chapter to write and why?
My favorite chapter was the ice fair, because I could see it so clearly in my mind’s eye. I could  feel the excitement and the wonder, see the colours around the base of the tower, smell the carnival atmosphere. It was a simple joy to describe it in words.

Which character do you enjoy the most?
I think I like Ingar best, her character is the one that develops and changes most throughout the story.


Series or standalone- which do you enjoy the most?
I don’t really like series, I prefer a single story, but I don’t care if that story runs over a number of books.  ‘Lord of the Rings’ for instance, it is three books, but you would not consider it a series, just one long story.
 
What are some of you favorite books/series?
His Dark Materials has to be one of my favorite series, I just loved
the imagination used, especially in the second book.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I like anything original, and if it has some maths or science in it, even better (sad, I know), hence I absolutely loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.





What types of books do you like to indulge in?
I love to read books to my twins that have character voices, it makes them interesting and fun to read.  At present I’m reading Loamhedge by Brian Jaques, the characters are personified animals, but they all have the most wonderful accents, especially the  babes: “thankee, zurr, oi wus stucked thurr fer loife!” - Don’t try and translate it, just read it out-loud.





Thanks so much to Perry for the author interview!
If you are interested in more information on Hexult, don't hesitate to visit http://www.hexult.com/index.html



No comments: