Monday, July 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! 

Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
Publication Date: June 21, 2011
 
"I heard another sound popping behind me. It started off low- guttural. I spun around. The streetlight in front of me was smoking, black plumes steaming out as if it were on fire. I heard a sharp sizzling, crackling sound and instinctively crouched down, covering my head with my hands. I screamed as the frosted glass light exploded, a flash of flames shooting glass and filaments into a halo on the ground below. The burning embers extinguished as they fell on the wet leaves, sending off a sinister, snakelike hiss as the heat died out."
pg. 91

I just couldn't help myself; two sentences was just not enough! I love this entire paragraph. This was just another point and pick Teaser, so I hope it does the book some justice.
But, in just this one paragraph, I can tell that I already like the writing style.

Plus!
P.S.: Just a lil update before I post. I did start this book... and love it so far!
That is all.


Tease me!!

6 comments:

SunnyReads said...

Great teaser - sounds very interesting...

Here's mine:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-heartless.html

Karen L. said...

I really want to read this book! That paragraph rocks. Check out my TT!

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Just picked up this book from NetGalley! So excited to start it! Thanks for the teaser and the update! :)

My Teaser Tuesday

Bleuette said...

Sounds good! I really want to read this one! :)

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-9.html

Rachel said...

This is a good teaser for Spellbound. I really enjoyed it, I hope you do too!

Just paying back your visit! :)

-Rachel
Paper Cuts

Rachel said...

Ohhh. Eep! I forgot to say that I love your header!! It's so pretty!!

Now I'm done, I promise. :)

-Rachel