Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cloaked by Alex Flinn Review

Cloaked
by Alex Flinn
352 pgs.
Harper Teen
Released: February 8, 2011




I'm not your average hero. I actually wasn't your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.
It all started with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.
Don't believe me? I didn't believe it either. But you'll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got cloaked.

       
        Cloaked is a modern day fairytale about a young man named Johnny. Johnny is a cobbler, working morning and night to help support himself and his mother.
        When the princess comes to town to seemingly part, Johnny's mediocre life suddenly turns into one exciting moment after another.
       Classic fairytales are woven into the story of Cloaked, with a new modern twist. In the end he succeeds with his quest, and even finds love along the way.
    All and all, Cloaked was a good read. I like the fact that Johnny is not your average superhero, tough as nails character, but a hard working guy. Although this story lacked a certain "spark" for me, and was a little predictable, I do believe it was enjoyable to read.
         

No comments: